Our CDM 2007: Safety Through Design event is a 2 hour training and updating session for busy architects and other designers. The sessions deliver high quality CPD in your own offices with mimimum disruption to the business. The content is grounded in my extensive experience as an HSE Construction Division Principal Inspector and I faciltate the events personally.
Before a design practice can be appointed commercial clients must take steps to ensure designer competence regarding the CDM Regulations 2007. In addition, the design practice may not accept a commission unless it is able to demonstrate such competence.
STOP PRESS: Contact us for details of training and support services available to CDM 2014 “Principal Designers”.
Please see event details below. Call me on 01462 612381 to discuss your needs.
Philip Poynter MSc DipSH CMIOSH and OSHCR
Safety Through Design
The sessions provide architects and other designers with a sound understanding of the CDM Regulations 2007 and the practical implications for design practices.
The content is tailored to meet the needs of individual firms but will typically include:
- Overview of CDM 2007 key requirements;
- Pattern of injury and ill-health on construction projects;
- Designer risk avoidance responsibilities;
- Designing for safer construction, maintenance and use;
- Provision of necessary information to others;
- Record keeping requirements and audit trails;
- Minimising risk of corporate and individual prosecution;
- Future developments in law, policy and practice;
- Personal safety during site visits; and
- Discussion of delegate concerns and questions.
Event cost: £499.00 plus travel and VAT