Archive for the ALL LATEST NEWS - PROSECUTIONS - gas - Category

MAJOR CONTRACTOR FINED £640K OVER CO RISK

Posted on 23rd October 2017
Simple marking required to control carbon monoxide gas

Read the rest of this article »


FIRM AND DIRECTOR SENTENCED OVER GAS RISK

Posted on 7th September 2017
Poorly planned extension prevented effective gas venting

Read the rest of this article »


OXYGEN PIPE EXPLOSION CAUSED SEVERE BURNS

Posted on 30th June 2017
Components used containing materials unsuitable for use with oxygen

Read the rest of this article »


ROGUE GAS FITTER JAILED FOR 16 MONTHS

Posted on 3rd May 2017
Work unsafe and exposed home residents at risk of harm

Read the rest of this article »


BUILDING FIRM AND DIRECTOR PROSECUTED

Posted on 4th January 2017
Childminder and children at put a risk ill-judged work

Read the rest of this article »


HOUSING ASSOCIATION PUT RESIDENTS AT RISK

Posted on 4th January 2017
Renovation work not assessed for impact on CO poisoning risk

Read the rest of this article »


NDT TESTING FIRM FINED OVER CO DEATH

Posted on 27th October 2016
Worker died from carbon monoxide poisoning in accommodation unit

Read the rest of this article »


SITE SECURITY GUARD DIED FROM CO POISONING

Posted on 16th August 2016
Guard lit open fire to keep warm after site generator failed

Read the rest of this article »


BUILDING FIRM FAILED TO CHECK GAS SAFE CERT

Posted on 11th July 2016
Main contractor and plumber both fined over unsafe boiler

Read the rest of this article »


PLUMBERS SENTENCED OVER GAS SAFETY OFFENCES

Posted on 11th April 2016
HSE turns up the heat on errant plumbing firms

Read the rest of this article »


PUBLIC AND WORKER RISK PROMPTS £1 MILLION FINE

Posted on 26th January 2016
Firm failed to follow own risk management processes and procedures

Read the rest of this article »


JAIL FOLLOWS DELIBERATE AND RECKLESS DISREGARD

Posted on 15th September 2015
Pensioner given 26 weeks in prison and grandson fined over gas work

Read the rest of this article »


SOCIAL HOUSING FIRM FAILED TO INSTRUCT & CONTROL

Posted on 15th September 2015
Poisonous gasses could have been pumped into loft space

Read the rest of this article »


SOCIAL HOUSING FIRM EXPOSED TENANT TO RISK

Posted on 24th August 2015
Carbon monoxide monitor triggered after chimney modified

Read the rest of this article »


PLUMBER SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS CAUSED EXPLOSION

Posted on 7th August 2015
Failure to install appropriate safety devices for closed system

Read the rest of this article »


BUILDER FINED AFTER NOT USING ‘GAS SAFE’ FITTER

Posted on 19th March 2015
Contractor and boiler installer in court over illegal gas work

Read the rest of this article »


ROADMARKING GAS FIRED CAULDRONS UNSUITABLE

Posted on 14th October 2014
Workman burnt when road marking vehicle caught fire

Read the rest of this article »


DIGGER TIGGERED MASSIVE FLAMMABLE GAS RELEASE

Posted on 6th May 2014
Bungled drainage works caused excavation of school and homes

Read the rest of this article »


SECURITY GUARD DIED FROM GENERATOR FUMES

Posted on 19th February 2014
Lone worker suffers CO poisoning on pending demo site

Read the rest of this article »


GAS FITTER JAILED OVER DANGEROUS INSTALLATION

Posted on 25th November 2013
Landlord installed and repaired boiler despite lack of Gas Safe registration

Read the rest of this article »


PC FAILED TO PROVIDE KEY INFORMATION ON GAS RISK

Posted on 16th September 2013
Demolition contractors damaged gas main causing major leak

Read the rest of this article »


CATALOGUE OF PC FAILINGS PUT FAMILY AT CO FUME RISK

Posted on 4th September 2013
Insufficient direction and supervision exercised over sub-contractor

Read the rest of this article »


BUILDER PUT FAMILY AT RISK BY UNSAFE GAS WORK

Posted on 28th August 2013
Gas boiler flue vented carbon monoxide into property

Read the rest of this article »


TRADESMAN JAILED FOR UNSAFE AND ILLEGAL GAS WORK

Posted on 30th July 2013
Boiler dangerously defective due to improper flue connection

Read the rest of this article »


COUNCIL HELD TO ACCOUNT FOR CONTRACTOR ERRORS

Posted on 26th June 2013
Competence unchecked and work not monitored on extension project

Read the rest of this article »


JAILED ILLEGAL GAS FITTER CREATED TRAIL OF RISK

Posted on 18th April 2013
Reckless breach of law’ in working on boilers and other appliances

Read the rest of this article »


MASSIVE GAS EXPLOSION CULPRIT ESCAPES JUSTICE

Posted on 17th April 2013
Shoddy work by fitter combines with prior error to cause blast

Read the rest of this article »


COUNCIL PROSECUTED OVER CARBON MONOXIDE RISK

Posted on 18th December 2012
Contractor instructed to remove and cap chimney with ‘live’ gas flue 

Read the rest of this article »


PROPERTY SERVICES GIANT FACES MASSIVE PENALTY

Posted on 18th December 2012
Obstructed boiler flues exposed residents to carbon monoxide danger

Read the rest of this article »


DEVELOPER FINED OVER MASSIVE GAS MAIN STRIKE BLAST

Posted on 29th November 2012
Gas explosion during major conversion destroyed dozens of Manchester homes

Read the rest of this article »


ROOFWORK BLUNDER LED TO DEATH OF ELDERLY COUPLE

Posted on 20th July 2012
Self-employed builder to pay £100,000 and community service after CO deaths

Read the rest of this article »


INADEQUATE CHECKS TRIGGERED GAS RELEASE AND BURNS

Posted on 29th May 2012
Demolition contractor prosecuted after services confusion causes gas explosion 

Read the rest of this article »


PRISON FOR PLUMBER POSING AS GAS SAFETY REGISTERED

Posted on 1st February 2012
Lives put a risk by plumber illegally working on domestic gas appliances

Read the rest of this article »


FITTER PROSECUTION HIGHLIGHTS ‘WIDESPREAD’ GAS DANGER

Posted on 22nd October 2011
Bogus gas engineer given two years in jail for false claims and dangerous work

Read the rest of this article »


GENERAL CONTRACTOR CARRIED OUT ILLEGAL GAS WORK

Posted on 12th October 2011
Community service order imposed on unregistered builder

Read the rest of this article »


JAIL SENTENCE FOR PLUMBER AFTER HOME EXPLOSION

Posted on 21st July 2011
Pensioner suffers 21% burns after work on gas by unregistered plumber 

Read the rest of this article »


DEMOLITION CONTRACTOR CREATED EXPLOSION RISK

Posted on 20th June 2011
Failure to isolate gas and electrical services lands demo firm in court

Read the rest of this article »


SITE SECURITY GUARD DIED FROM CO POISONING

Posted on 24th May 2011
Contractor and security manager prosecuted over nighwatchman death

Read the rest of this article »


BUILDER JAILED FOR ‘PUTTING PROFIT BEFORE SAFETY’

Posted on 20th April 2011
Unsafe service installations on home extension exposed incompetent workman

Read the rest of this article »


CARBON MONOXIDE RISK ON MASSIVE SCALE

Posted on 5th October 2010
Major pub chain fined £300k after death and failure to inspect gas appliances

Read the rest of this article »


BUILDER AND DIRECTOR PROSECUTED OVER CO RISK

Posted on 11th August 2010
Home occupier exposed to carbon monoxide risk from gas boiler

Read the rest of this article »