Construction Head for HSE updates APS at September 2016 Conference
The Association for Project Safety (APS) Conference on 14th September 2016 received a presentation by Simon Longbottom Head of HSE Construction Sector on HSE experience to date concerning implementation of the CDM Regulations 2015.
In respect of the new Principal Designer (PD) function HSE stated that the PD is usually an organisation rather than an individual (although it can be an individual) emphasising that the PD should:
- Strengthen design risk management and cooperation;
- Mirror the Principal Contractor role in achieving coordination;
- Manage information flows;
- Not delegate H&S to a consultant; and
- Be in control of the pre-construction phase.
The Presentation Slides provide (for those who were not present) a useful insight into how HSE see progress with putting the new regulations into practice.
CDM 2015 Information and Templates
We have published a great deal of further information and templates designed to support Clients, Designers, Principal Designers/Contractors and Contractors in meeting their duties under CDM Regulations 2015.