MANAGING CONSTRUCTION DUST RISKS
Our Managing Construction Dust training event comprises a 2 hour session setting out the essentials of a dust management programme for designers and contractors working on both major and smaller projects.
The sessions deliver a high quality practical presentation in your own offices with minimum disruption to the business. The content is grounded in my extensive experience as an HSE Construction Division Principal Inspector and I facilitate the events personally.
HSE is making construction dust a major enforcement priority for operational Inspectors from 2014 onwards. A nationwide inspection initiative will start in June 2014 and construction project teams can expect formal Enforcement Notices and Fee for Intervention invoices where effective dust management programmes are not in place.
Please see event details below. Call me on 01462 612381 to discuss your needs.
Philip Poynter MSc DipSH CMIOSH and OSHCR
Managing Construction Dust
The sessions provide designers and contractors with a sound understanding of the risk from construction dust and effective management programmes.
The content is tailored to meet the needs of individual firms but will typically include:
- Why construction dust in a priority;
- Patterns of ill-health on construction projects;
- Types of dust presenting risk;
- Responsibilities of CDM designers;
- Methods of avoiding dust hazards;
- How high risk dusts can be controlled;
- When respiratory protection is required;
- Practical examples of effective precautions;
- How do I know when compliance achieved;
- Managing HSE visits and enforcement; and
- Discussion of delegate concerns and questions.
Event cost: £499.00 plus travel and VAT